Sunday, May 8, 2011

Off-topic: Mike-ing History

This is off the blog's topic, but I'm bringing it up here because I'm not having much luck finding any info elsewhere.

When I was a kid in the mid-'70s, my school system had these 78s called "Mike-ing History." They were on colored (red or green) vinyl, and featured short newscast-style dramatizations of historical events (like "You Are There"). I took them out and taped them, but shortly afterward they disappeared, and I haven't yet found any more info about them, even on the Web.

If anyone reading this entry has any info about the "Mike-ing History" 78s (or knows where I can find info), please contact me. Thanks.

2 comments:

Hal said...

Thanks for the article. I'm the Hal Dragseth you mentioned.
I am in the process of transferring over 750 shows to digital files. We will be posting most of the shows on line as podcasts. I'll let you know when they're up and provide the URL.

U.P. Grooves! said...

Hal: You replied to the wrong post, so I didnt read you message until now. But thanks for the update, and by all means, let me know when SCANs are posted - people hve been asking about them!